Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Diet For Psoriasis - Curing Psoriasis Through Your Diet

For many of us living in the modern world, we should really pay more attention to our diet. For psoriasis sufferers, this is doubly true.
It was one of the earliest lessons I learned when I started to look into how I could cure myself of this repulsive skin disease. The kind of stuff we eat these days, is it any wonder our bodies sometimes react this way?
Although there are many causes of psoriasis, including hereditary factors and allergies, one major influence on the condition of the skin is the toxins that find their way into our bodies. If the body can't get rid of these toxins through the bowels and urinary tract, it will get rid of them through the pores on your skin. This isn't good for the condition or appearance of your skin, and guess what?
You are poisoning your body with these toxins every day, through your diet!
For psoriasis sufferers, the toxins also indirectly affect your skin by suppressing the immune system. The suppressed immune system will start to malfunction, and create skin cells at a greatly increased rate. These skin cells then get pushed to the surface, where they build up until they die and shed themselves. This is what causes the scaly patches of psoriasis on your skin.
Putting together a diet for psoriasis that greatly reduced the amount of toxins I was feeding my body was my next step. I knew my body was telling me something, so I decided it was time I listened and did something about it.
For me, it was kind of like my body was making a protest at all the junk I put into it!
The first changes I made where quite simple. I started to read labels more and see what was actually in the food I was eating. I stopped buying things like ready made meals, processed meat like bacon and anything that seemed like it had too many chemicals in. I started to buy organic fruit and vegetables, as well as fresh fish and wholemeal bread.
By eating a diet with fewer chemicals, my body was able to deal with any toxins without having to get rid of them through the skin. Not only that, but it helped my immune system stabilise itself and function normally again. I began to notice a difference in the appearance on my skin within a week or so, where my psoriasis patches looked less red and angry.
To this day, I believe that just making a few small dietary changes had a significant effect on my skins appearance, and made a major contribution to becoming clear of psoriasis altogether.
Want to know more about how a diet for psoriasis can be worked into an overall treatment that will work?
The next step to becoming free of psoriasis is down to you, learn more about curing psoriasis naturally
Learn how natural cures are helping psoriasis sufferers like you today --> http://www.psoriasisfreeforlife.info

No comments:

Post a Comment