Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Only Sweetener Allowed is Stevia For Candida Diet - It is a Sweet Herb


This article will explain sweetener called Stevia. Have you ever purchased Stevia from your local health shop? It is completely natural, from a herb. It is recommended for diabetics and candida sufferers. It is pricey, but only a very small amount is needed as it is very sweet.
However, it is common if you are confused because there are so many different opinions about Stevia. Diane Petosky's tape on Candida says don't use stevia. So we never really get a definitive answer, because it just depends on which theory you believe!
I understand if you are just trying to use your common sense about it, since no one seems to know the real scientific answer as to whether or not the yeast can feed from this stuff.
I know this is all very confusing. When I first started to research candida and related illnesses, I did search after search on the net and read everything I could find. I have a few books on candida and they all say no artificial sweeteners, no sugars, and no fructose. In fact the only sweetener allowed is stevia, as it is not a sweetener as such, it is a herb, just a sweet herb!
I am a vegetarian as well and found it almost impossible to follow the traditional anti candida diet of meat, eggs, vegetables and yoghurt. As I don't eat meat, I was living on vegetables and yoghurt with a few eggs per week. Eventually, I found Dr Haas' website and he mentioned vegetarians, that beans, nuts and seeds, legumes etc. were allowed. I did eat brown rice but no potatoes.
At my local health shop I found a rye bread made with sour dough (no yeast) and it was wheat free. My husband still follows the diet rather strictly. He lost 8 kgs. However, I gained weight. Go figure! I am also hypothyroid, and on eltroxin.


I know for a fact from my health shop that stevia is recommended for candida. If you want to do a research, I give you good reference at cure candida project website. ( http://curecandidaproject.com )


No comments:

Post a Comment